Finn’s Ranch has grown tremendously and is looking for dedicated individuals to join our crew!
A hard worker with a good sense of humor and “can do” spirit?
Someone who cares about their local food system?
Good with customers?
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired position listed in the subject line.
Farmers’ Market Manager
Finn’s Ranch is seeking a Farmers’ Market Manager to join our growing team.
Full Time and Part Time positions open – SUMMER 2023
About Finn’s Ranch
Finn’s Ranch is a small family farm located in Buchanan Michigan. Sean Finn, his wife Alex, and their sons, Nicholas, and Matthew, run the farm on a daily basis. Finn’s Ranch originated out of a mission to provide a healthy food choice for their family, but they enjoyed farming so much that they decided to take it to the next level: providing for more family and friends!
The Farmers’ Market Manager will be based in Chicago, IL and report to Alex Finn, owner of Finn’s Ranch. The Farmers’ Market Manager will be responsible for:
- Attending farmers’ markets
- Takes inventory of items to load for booth set up and transportation required to get equipment and inventory to the Farmers Market site.
- Loads and unloads equipment, tools and inventory to set up the FINN’S RANCH sales booth.
- Manage sales at the farmers’ markets
- Effectively manage electronic and cash sales keeping a sales report for each daily shift completed.
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory of cleaning/sanitizing solutions, materials, and supplies.
- Package orders in our warehouse
- Deliver orders
A successful applicant will:
- Have high energy and a friendly demeanor.
- Have the ability to regularly lift 50 lbs.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- The Farmers’ Market Manager will be expected to drive a van with a trailer (training will be provided)
- Experience in customer relations and retail sales preferred.
The Farmers’ Market Manager will be working both outside at our markets and in our warehouse. This position is frequently exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions. They will also be expected to maneuver products in our freezers. Noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud.
During the summer, the Farmers’ Market Manager will be working approximately 50 hour/week (May-October). In the off season, (November – April), the Farmers’ Market Manager will be working approximately 30 hours/week. The Farmers’ Market Manager will work 5 days per week. Daily work schedule will vary.
This position offers $18/hr.
Please email your resume to email@example.com by February 20th. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position will be hired to start immediately.